Since 1974, American citizens have been protected from dangerous items in their homes by federal law. Congress prescribed a system whereby if a manufacturer designed a dangerous product, they MUST recall all those items and FIX THEM FOR FREE!
The problem in the law is that most often it's up to the consumer, to find out whether appliances are potential fire or safety hazards!
There is a database designed and managed by the government, but you would have to wade through 205 MILLION recalled items to find out if a dishwasher or air conditioner is a hazard to your client's family.
Making America's Homes Safer One appliance at a time . .
How it works:
* On-site, you will copy the manufacturer and model numbers of your home appliances, water heaters and HVAC systems.
* You will submit your appliance data by fax, email, online at RecallChek.com, or through your inspection software.
* At RecallChek Headquarters, your manufacturers and model numbers are computer matched against MILLIONS of recalls using our Model Number Algorithm (MNA).
* RecallChek will then hand-check the report, to eliminate wrong numbers from worn plates and ID cards, and other problems.
* In the event of a potential recall, RecallChek issues a report including
1) the nature of the recall,
2) where the product was sold,
3) how to remedy the defect, and
4) how to get the item repaired / replaced in most cases - absolutely FREE
WE WILL SIGN YOU UP FOR RECALLCHEK FOR FREE WITH A FULL HOME INSPECTION IF YOU PURCHASE THE HOUSE. (We will do the setup for you.)
OR BUY IT FOR $20.00 USD BY ITSELF
You simply take down the model numbers from all of the major appliances in your home, including, but not limited to, HVAC equipment, water heaters, microwaves, refrigerators, dishwashers, ovens, washing machines and dryers. You may also include garbage disposals, exhaust fans, and smoke detectors. Serial numbers are optional, but are encouraged to be submitted as well. Within 2 business days of submitting your appliances, you will receive a detailed report summarizing our findings.
Associate member of Ontario Association of Home Inspectors
All members shall comply with this By-law and with the following requirements:
Powered by GoDaddy Website Builder